This hoodie, like a butterfly, represents rebirth and hope.
Baltimore and its people are beautiful and resilient, however investment across Baltimore historically and to this day has been uneven—fragmented by race, income, and geography.
While the “Black Butterfly” speaks to Baltimore’s segregation and economic divides, We See Problems as Opportunities! BMORE AMONG THE STARS, co-created by M@D Co-Owners and Mentors, is meant to inspire others to think big and strive for better through challenges.
“The Black Butterfly” is how Baltimore historian, author, and Morgan State professor, Dr. Lawrence T. Brown, has described Baltimore’s segregated Black communities. On a map, it literally looks like a butterfly! Our design represents this with our city's West & East neighborhoods outlined.
- “Black Butterfly” pressed left chest - Puff Vinyl
- “BMORE AMONG THE STARS” pressed back - Puff Vinyl
- 32 oz (garment weight) Luxury black 100% organic cotton facing
- 3-end fleece with a brushed organic cotton & recycled polyester interior which accounts for 20% of recycled polyester in the total garment
- 4" wide, double folded, flat-knit side ribbing for flexibility
- Adjustable drawstring hood
- Front kanga pocket
- Contains no toxic dyes, chemical fertilizers or pesticides, or formaldehyde
- This garment is produced in a windmill powered, Fair Trade Certified™ facility.
- Pre-shrunk and treated to ensure minimal shrinkage